Why become a Friend?
Membership supports the work of the Gallery
Your membership helps the Gallery to acquire new artworks to enrich the national collection, as well as supporting the exhibitions programme. In 2021, the Friends supported a book to accompany the exhibition Jack B. Yeats: Painting & Memory. Read more about how Friends contribute to acquisitions and exhibitions here.
|Become a Friend|
Due to ongoing COVID-19 measures, we have adapted our membership benefits to ensure that Friends can continue to engage with and enjoy the national collection. Although we can now hold in-person events in the Gallery, we are also bringing the Gallery to you through a rich variety of digital events and content.
- Free unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions (pre-booking essential)
- Live virtual events via ZOOM, sharing first knowledge and behind-the-scenes stories about Gallery exhibitions and projects
- Exclusive access to digital content, including videos of art history talks and lecture series, shared via weekly email newsletters
- Friends Fortnight: an annual two-week festival in February, celebrating our members, with exclusive daily events
- 10% discount in the Gallery Shop all year
- 10% discount in the Gallery Café
- 10% discount on customised prints
- 20% discount on selected online Education events
- Early bird booking for selected online events
- A copy of the Gallery's new magazine, The Gallery
Membership of the Friends is the perfect gift for loved ones, connecting them to culture, creativity, and a community of art lovers. Simply purchase a gift-membership voucher online. You will receive a unique voucher code, via email, which you can then send to the gift recipient. Find out more about gift membership.